Monday, February 4, 2013

Dirty Thirty!





Well the day has come where I am no longer in my 20's!
Bittersweet? Yes, a bit -but much more sweet than bitter. I am looking forward to my 30's and feel that they have good things in store for me.

Reflecting back on my 20's I experienced a variety of high's and lows. 
-The first thing that comes into mind is my love life which was def a roller coaster, but one which helped me grow SOOO much personally were the bad relationships- (my early one's- while they didnt last- were def good ones). I think I'm stronger, more independent and more happy every day because of the trials and tribulations I've experienced.
-My career isn't exactly where I thought it would be when I was freshly out of college.  But then again I was naive and waaaay too arrogant at that point. I didnt realize what a 8-5 job was. I remember my first week at Angels working an 8 hour day nearly killing me.  I've come a looong way since then and feel extremely thankful for my job(s) as they are now as they each give me a different element of fulfillment  I still feel highly motivated and hopeful too- BUT I have to work on my biggest obstacle- which is my desire consistency. I don't like change- but this mindset will get me nowhere! 
-Another thing about my 20s that kind of goes hand in hand with career is money. There are all these grand things you want to do in your 20's but you just don't have money to do them! Living at home helped a lot and in my late 20s I started to experience what savings felt like. It afforded me the opportunity to buy my condo which I'm SO thankful for.  I joke with a triathlete at my gym, named James about bucket list items; he always says "marathon's are an early 30's sport! In your 20s you can't afford them and in your late 30's / early 40's you have kids or too many responsibilities to have time to train for them! "  Sooo true.. So should I tackle a marathon?

Anyway enough about my 20s- its time to look forward  There were a lot of things I've accomplished and a lot of things I still want to accomplish. I am looking towards this new decade with the complete confidence that they will be my best years yet.

Cheers to the DIRTY THIRTIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment