Monday, February 25, 2013

Tumultuous

It's Monday and I had a really crazy weekend with highs and low lows.... I dont know quite how to feel today, but something deep down tells me to be optimistic, because despite it all I still feel blessed and lucky.

My cousins Dennis and Melissa gave birth this afternoon to a little girl. I just can't wait to meet her. I am so happy for Dennis who grew up surrounded by boys. I think this will be a nice adjustment for them and I think they're going to be FAB parents.

Tonight I am hosting a little appy party for my friends at Angels. I am so excited but a little nervous to have them over because I haven't prepped much. I did my grocery shopping on Saturday but my intention was to clean and prep last night and sadly that did not happen.
On the menu:
White wine
Lemograss spring rolls
Veggie samosas
Hummus
cheese and salami with cucumbers
Baguette with greek feta tomato spread.
I hope that will be enough for the 5 of us!

This is what I ate Sat

Breakfast was egg white, cherry tomatoes and a flour tortilla with a half of my grandparents avocado sprinkled with cracked pepper and kosher salt and lotsa lemon.  This is one of my go-to meals. I love it and could eat it morning noon or night!  When I wake up early I try to cook something.


I ventured to my goody bin around 11am and broke these puppies out. I tried to eat half of the box but I ended up eating 3/4 of it.
I went grocery shopping, as I mentioned on Sat and got a ton of produce. I love shopping at Sprouts, they have great sales on fresh fruits and veggies all the time. I came out with tons of stuff all under $10!  I spent the late morning prepping all of this while I sipped on tea.  I had artichoke hearts, celery, plum tomato, red onion, carrot, radish and bib lettuce.
Then I shopped for bday gifts for my friends Yolie and Jimmy. While I was out I got myself an almond pastry from Blue Frog and ate half.. soooo good.

For dinner that night I met up with my friends for Ramen. It was excellent. I had the char sui ramen, gyoza, side salad, and ginger katsu chicken with my beloved sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment