I had such an amazing time with my friends and family, words can't do justice. We stayed 4 nights 5 days in a beautiful large cabin in Zephyr Cove which was about 3 miles from the Casino's and Heavenly Ski Resort. The cabin itself was large and airy. It wasn't fancy but it was perfect for all 11 of us to stay comfortably under one roof and share communal family meals together and relax by the fire and play games- which is exactly what I wanted and envisioned. It had a loft, fireplace, large dining table and new spa on the deck.
It was cold throughout the week but not overly so. It snowed lightly on our last day otherwise it was beautifully sunny and crystal clear.
Guests included: Jimmy, Yolanda, Nathan, Scott, Linds, Brenda, Allison, Viv, Melis and Guillermo. My parents also came out which was great- I loved having them and they were able to cart a lot of our food and skis/snowboard.
Every night we had a fabulous meal. Scott and Nathan went all out with Spare Ribs the first night with Polenta and Porchetta and mashed potatoes the second night.
One of my biggest goals was to get back into skiing as I havent been in about 13 years since my shoulder surgery. I was curious if skiing is like riding a bike and sure enough I picked it up right away. The views of the mountain from the slopes were phenomenal!
It's been hard to get back to reality, but I'm reluctantly doing so...
I just never wanted to go home.
As for now I'm back into full swing at work. I also got my taxes done today and I'm focusing on some decorating items for my condo. Deciding on an art piece for my front living room. I'd ideally like to get the piece while traveling out of the country but I'm contemplating a filler piece for now. We will see!

No comments:
Post a Comment