Monday, February 11, 2013

Lash Experiment Day 1



So I've embarked on a little lash journey- in which I have purchased a lash enhancing serum in the hopes that it will turn my slim lashes fat  :) (as oppose to fat girl slim..lol) so this is the product under review:


multiplEYE™ lash enhancer


Sold at Sephora, retail price: $65
Company image

My bottle- sitting bedside

So I've always considered myself to have pathetic eyelashes. Yes I'm not as unfortunate as some, but my lashes are short, sparse and straight.  When I look at another woman with long curled eyelashes, I definitely have lash envy as I think they are a key feature that enhance beauty.  
A few years ago my dear friend Melissa showed me a revolutionary mascara that redefined my beauty routine. It was a mascara from Mexico that actually kept my straight eyelashes curled! I never had that before. This was a most welcome addition to my beauty routine- and my mom embraced it too!  She asks me to get her a supply now.  This is my holy grail beauty item.
I've only been able to find this product on Amazon and ebay here in the States. I usually stock up on my yearly trips to Mexico. I'll buy 10 at a time- they retail for about $3 each.

It was one thing to have an amazing mascara that kept lashes curled but it was quite another to have short sparse pathetic lashes- thus I have been on the hunt for something that would thicken my lame lashes. 
For a while I swore by Buxom's eyeliner gel which claimed to be a cream eyeliner that would also thicken and condition lashes.. and in my mind it did- a bit- but it dried out soooo fast! This company needs to consider reformulating their gel to make it firstly more pigmented but also more long lasting. i always try to secure the lid tightly but it just dried out after a few months.  Thus- I needed something new, something that would really produce results... 

Enter Tarte's Lash Enhancer.. 
What it claims: helps eye lashes to grow longer, stronger, and thicker n just six weeks. Our proprietary HydroPlant Peptide™ is clinically proven to give the appearance of longer, thicker eyelashes naturally: soy and amino acid proteins combine to form an essential super-protein base that fortifies and nourishes lashes. This protein emulsion is infused with cellulose, a plant-derived thickening agent, and vitamin C, an antioxidant booster.
Directions: Apply nightly to clean, dry lashes by applying as if it is a liner, close to the lash line. Within six weeks, lashes will be healthier, thicker, and longer.

I love the brand Tarte. Possibly my favorite brand right now. I use their amazonian clay blushes, the new BB Cream, their eye primer and  was using their Amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage foundation in the summer but it's too dark for me now.  I love this company's philosophy on high performance, earth engineered products that are paraben free. These are all things that are really important to me, which I always consider when putting new products on my skin.  Best of all their products are great quality, highly pigmented great amazing innovative beauty items which rarely disappoint.  I am very excited to see if this serum works.


These are my BEFORE pictures- Day 1





No comments:

Post a Comment