Woke up in the morning and decided to bust out my new Teavana set. My friend Brenda got me this amazing Strawberry Champagne Tea and my roommate Ashley got me a traveling mug that goes with it. It's so fancy I hate to drop it, it's made of glass! Disaster in the making. I wish the lids screwed on better- they leak!
For my breakfast I went to Blue Frog with a friend and split a breakfast burrito. It was amazingly delish- it had bacon and ham and a yummy salsa and melon on the side.
A few hours of pounding the keyboard later I decided to fill up on a little more fruit and Tazo Passion tea- I forgot how much I dislike this tea.. It's too tart... Teavana has spoiled me
For lunch with my friend we went to Lazy dog and I had a grilled romaine mahi mahi salad. It was sensational. I loved the taste the grill gave the lettuce. It had a balsamic drizzle around the edge which added just the perfect touch of tangy.
On to dinner and you'd think I was full- NOPE
We went to Taps in Brea. The service was FAR less than stellar. They made mistakes at almost every point of the meal. What made the difference was the manager came up towards the end of our disastrous experience (on his own volition) and offered to make it up to us and deeply discounted our bill. That was a nice gesture but Taps really needs to get it together! Pathetic service but good food.
Starter-Oysters sampler which included Oysters Rockefeller with a delish Irish Red Beer.
Main course - top sirloin with mixed veggies, garlic mashed potatoes and shrimp scampi- not pictured was my lemon drop martini.
Done? again, NOPE
The whole reason for going to Taps- the Chocolate Souffle...and coffee of course- I split this 5 ways so wasn't all tooo bad
Next it was on to--- j/k
that's all that could possibly fit in my ever expanding stomach that day... It was a very nice birthday but I definitely don't need to eat like this on the daily!







No comments:
Post a Comment