Thursday, January 31, 2013

Negotiations- Game Theory

Through this whole home-buying adventure I've really come to the realization about how much of life is a negotiation.  From negotiating the price of my condo, to the appraisal, to the cable/internet fiascos to negotiating at work or picking the restaurant for dinner- I've really learned how to deal in a better way with people. I think this is a very non-spoken-about art. The art of reading people and knowing when to push and when to ultimately pulll is a very fine art.
It boils down to:
a. either you end up with what you want
b. you compromise on what you both want

Game theory is a concept of strategic decision making and through time and life, we refine our game theory more and more.

When I deal with companies/people out for themselves etc I could care less about what they want- I'm the customer/person being taken advantage of, and my satisfaction is my only concern. When I'm dealing in relationships, however, that is certainly not the case and I care MUCH more about how the other party feels and what we get from each other when the conversation/confrontation is over.

A factor that plays into every facet of my life especially the negotiations and my interactions with others is my feelings on energy and karma. I am a big believer in living life the best way I can & leaving people better off after dealing with me than they were before (passing along good energy). That is very important in my life as it is the only way I've found meaning and a reflection on my purpose and why I'm here. These are things  I can do on a daily basis, on an hourly basis to effect the world in a positive way.   When you think about the purpose of life its hard to wrap your head around the every day- and this is my solution to it. I want to give back- enhance- motivate- and make people feel good about me as much as I want that feeling myself from my interactions with them!
Ultimately life is a journey- but what I've learned is that as we grow and learn, the navigation becomes more and more strategic and refined  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment