Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Food Photo Diary

Ment to post this a LONG time ago but it sat in my queue unpublished!

I am slammed with to-dos today but I felt like writing anyway.  My little housewarming is looming and I'm stressing a bit.  Thought I'd recap a day in food, my week in general,  and show you some pics.

I started off my week by going to a lovely celebration brunch thrown by my amazing boss Patti. We just wrapped up a MAJOR project at work and she took the couple of us who were involved out to breakfy at Le Pain Quotidien at Fashion Island. It was such a lovely breakfast spot. It had some semblance of a Panera but 10x better. They had amazing bread and coffee. I couldn't get over the coffee. They even had delish toppings for the bread like nutella and biscoff spread. Right up my alley. I tried to be good but it was ohhh soooo hard. I decided that this would be my big splurge meal of the day and I'd be good from there on out.
I got the goat cheese and spinach quiche and dont even get me started on how much bread I ate. It came with a nice side salad that had a light vinaigrette

So planning ahead as a good girl does I brought a very very light lunch of chopped up melon and a side salad with raddishes, carrots, grape tomatoes  a dash of light ranch and veggie hummus. I ate this around 2 since breakfast was so late in the morning.  A little tip- I keep healthy food choices in bulk in my office- like the melon and hummus, then I can grab it to snack on anytime!

Around 3pm I drank some coffee with hazelnut creamer as my afternoon pick-me-up.
and had some of these babies-

These are amazing delish!

After work I ran some errands and went to the gym with my friend and ate M&Ms and Australian licorice from Sprouts (the best!). healthy huh?
Sometimes I dont even notice that I go days on end eating vegetarian. I'm definitely a meat lover but don't eat it often!

I also wanted to share some pics of the absolutely amazing Muse Concert. My wonderful friend Brenda took me on Wed and I had such an unforgettable time. Before the show we hit up Bottega Louie in DT LA. I've heard of this place many times before so I was excited to finally get a chance to have a drink in this beautiful restaurant. Its totally open-concept with the kitchen right smack dab in the middle- vulnerable to curious eyes. The bar is marbled and polished and everywhere you look it feels like a nod to modern minimalism with a chic bluesy edge.
Brenda's drink (L) was a Clover Club- Gin, lemon juice, pomegranate syrup & egg white
My drink (R) was my own concoction-  I asked the bartender for a gin drink like a Gordon's cup with bitters and a freshness- he made this decadent highly potent delish cucumber cocktail that we dubbed the "Amy Swizzle" I had to tip him good for this one
 We then ventured over to Taco Rosa to continue the drinking and then on to MUSE!!!
The beautiful stage

As Muse played "Starlight" the crowd aptly responded- this is a pic of the thousands of cell phones aglow in the crowd!

My friend hooked us up with the set list so we knew exactly what song would be comin up next and when to best make our exit.  
I couldnt have asked for a better night. Thank you to my lovely friend for inviting me and fulfilling a lifelong dream of mine to see one of my all-time fav bands!

No comments:

Post a Comment