This
is what I indulged in yesterday- CINCO de MAYO!
Firstly I woke up SOOOO late. This is the first time in 5
years I've ever been late to Angels EVER... I was so upset with myself. But to
be honest I've been running myself ragged and the sleep didnt hurt me that's
for sure. On Sat I woke up at 4 am for the CFF walk then worked all day and in
the evening went to visit the Soto's and their new baby. I ended up
staying at their house way longer than I thought I would- I can't believe i
lasted!
I hurried out the door but before I left I quickly made
myself a green peanut butter smoothie- Recipe Here
I love how this is a photo "in
action"
As luck would have it- we were
potlucking at work that day in honor of CINCO! I was grateful because I usually
pack a lunch and didnt have time that morning. Throughout the day I
munched on bean burritos, ceviche and horchata. I tried
to control myself and stay away from the sweets and bakery.
But doesn't the spread look legit?
I worked 6 hours and then met up with Matt and his friend Jim
who were at the game. Matt and I had plans to hang out that night so Jim
left him with me and we went back to my condo. He was so
sweet and made me the cutest flower arrangement for my patio. I loved it. We hung out and had wine and cheese and crackers.
Later that night we went out for dinner to a place he loves
which I've never been to. Its called Green2Go in Brea.
I love what their all about. Their food is fresh, seasonal, strictly organic and grown about 5 miles away at a hydroponic farm. Matt and I sat outside on the patio by the waterfountain and the Manager came out- as he and Matt are friends - and chatted us up about his restaurant. I ordered a chicken salad with avocado and Matt got the angus burger. I sadly only got pics of the aftermath but my salad was amazing. It had so many garden varieties such as kale, cabbage, dill, basil, escarole, red cabbage, and organic flowers. Their homemade house salad dressing was also to die for. Matt's burger was equally delicious. We also got a side of marinated grilled veggies which has a medley of cauliflower, purple cauliflower, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, squash etc. I loved it.
Here's the remnants of our meal... Not pretty but so tasty!
We spent the rest of the evening on his porch sipping wine, and when it got way too cold and drizzly outside, we went in to watch Game of Thrones. PERFECT day!

No comments:
Post a Comment