Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Spinach Smoothie


This is my all-time favorite smoothie.
Not only is the banana super filling, the greek yogurt packed with protein, the milk with calcium and the spinach loaded with vitamins A, C, K, iron, fiber, folate etc-- but it tastes AMAZING! It tastes like a peanut butter ice cream shake-not like the healthy smoothie that it is.  The spinach is undetectable. If the color throws you off- do like I do and put it in a colored container to drink! 


INGREDIENTS
1 Tbs Peanut Butter
1 banana
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup nonfat milk/almond milk
handful of spinach 
3-5 ice cubes
OPTIONAL: dash of cinnamon or a dash of vanilla extract or a tablespoon of protein powder


DIRECTIONS
1.     Place all ingredients in a blender. (I usually put the ice at the bottom nearest blades)
2.     Blend on medium-high for 30 seconds (or until desired consistency). I like mine super smooth and creamy
Nutritional info:
350 calories, 10g fiber, 21g protein  makes about 16 oz

I love this smoothie so much
Cheers!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment