INGREDIENTS
2- 28 oz cans SAN MARZANO whole peeled tomatoes
6 cloves garlic
2 tbls EVOO
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
8 or so leaves fresh basil
crock pot
DIRECTIONS
1. Drizzle olive oil in a saute pan and heat on low. Sliver garlic and saute for 2 min until translucent.
2. With crock pot on low add canned tomatoes. Add cooked garlic and olive oil, tear up half of your basil into mixture. Add all dried herbs, (rub them in your palms to release oils before you add)
2. Cover with lid and heat away for 2-4 hours.
3. Once sauce is near completion and ready to serve, tear up the remaining basil into sauce and mix in.
3. Once sauce is near completion and ready to serve, tear up the remaining basil into sauce and mix in.
I left mine all day and turned it to low about an hour before I was to serve it. I also added Trader Joes turkey meatballs about an hour before serving and they were moist and tender when eating them!
| My Crock Pot cooking away |
| Mixing the meatballs in |
No comments:
Post a Comment