Work has been off the hook with gold tournaments galas and video shoots. I am so excited because our shoot for Hike the Halo finally came together and can be found here:
Please register if you live in the Orange County/LA area! It will be a fabulous event and we have so many vendors we are bursting at the seems!
So lately here is my life in picture:
Last week we had a golf tourney for work called "Parr Wars" it was all Star Wars themed which was so fun. It was held in Palos Verdes a the Trump International Gold Resort which is a completely breathe taking location. It was a nice day out of the office and because it was held on a Friday I didnt have to give up my weekend for it!
Also last week and yesterday i made a couple of fabulous dinners for guests :) I loved how this pic came out from last week- last nights din I forgot to snap :(
This is quinuoa with peppers, cucumber tomatoes and avocado with a citrus glazed salmon. Dessert was my peach and blueberry cobbler from my last post!
Last weekend was hard because my cousin and best friend Neal was in the hospital. I spent most of my time with him and his wife Steph whom I love. I was glad to be there with him in support and in the end we got some really good news about his disease...
Also I attended my Grandpa's obon which is a Japaneses Buddhist memorial service. I love the Buddhist religion. I feel connected to my heritage and completely in a calm tranquil state when I am at the church. I love that the religion centers around enlightenment and human nature. I also believe in rebirth. I think about my Grandpa often and know his soul is watching over me. I miss him so bad my heart aches every time I think of him, but feel so grateful and blessed that he was part of my life for so long.
He inspires me to work hard and be a good person. I want to make him proud and even though he's not with me in the present I feel him all around me every day.
I am signing off to start working on our Gala for this week. I had a nice week overall and I'm excited to take vacation next week. My family is going to Lake Tahoe where we will bury my Grandpa. I get to see my bro and spend time with the fam which I'm really looking forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment