Sorry for the lack of posts lately.
I have been up to my eyeballs in work and new things and big transitions. Lately I've been feeling very emotional and overwhelmed.
While the Ducks are in playoff mode and Angels have been in full swing - AND I've been working like crazy there is something even BIGGER on my plate.
I have accepted a position with Cystic Fibrosis Orange County and I couldn't be happier/ more excited/ nervous/ wanting to barf.
I will be leaving my current position as Associate Director of Stewardship for UC Irvine Health and venturing into the great unknown of smaller nonprofit. I will officially be the new Senior Director of Development for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. A national organization but working for the local chapter.
I gave my notice today at UCI. After 5.5 long years I am moving on from this place. It has definitely been a roller-coaster filled with peaks and valley's. I have gone from a lowly assistant and climbed my way up to Associate in three years and have been in my current position for over 2 years. I love what I do now, but it was a far cry from what I use to do and how I use to be treated. I use to work in a crazy toxic environment with unhealthy people. Slowly that has changed and I have grown to enjoy my new colleagues and actually look forwarder to going to work each day. With that change also came comfort - a little too much. I have grown complacent and have taken this position for granted. I haven't challenged myself the way I use to, or pushed myself mentally. Luckily a new opportunity has come looking for me - and I am ready to seize it and get out of my rut. Change is hard, but not evolving is much harder. I want to get out of my comfort zone.
Looking back I've come a long long way and learned so many life lessons from working at UCI.
It just goes to show that resilience persistence, hard work and faith all payoff. I am sure I will be tested and abused in my new position but I welcome the challenge. This will be a major growth opportunity and a chance for me to really spread my wings.
I'm ready!
Bring it on!
I'm happy for you and your new venture!! Btw I've just applied for a position at the cystic fibrosis co as well.. :)
ReplyDelete