I got this new protein shake and thought I'd give it a go and see how it filled me up! If I'm going to drink a protein shake, I want it to replace a meal and not be just a snack.
It has 6 grams of fat 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber which I love- plus tons of vitamins (100% of your vitamin C and E for the day). They advertise that all Slimfast shakes contain 1/3 of your recommended vitamins and minerals for the day so essentially it is suppose to be a meal replacement!
Being always on the go, the convenience of a bottle you just grab from the fridge and go with- is awesome however slim fast has been pushing these hard with accompanying recipes and cocktail promotions so that makes it a little more daunting when deciding how to use it. Their recipe for the strawberry and cream shake included coconut rum, pineapple and strawberries which I didnt have readily available so I didnt go out and purchase all for one little shake.
The first four ingredients on the back were fat free milk, water sugar and milk protein.
I found that the overall design to be lightweight and nifty. I loved that I didnt have to drink it all at once but could take it to go and drink it over the morning!
The consistency was smooth but I found it to be more milky and less strawberry-like. I would prefer a heavier strawberry flavor, but overall it kept me full all day and I would buy again IF on sale and priced well!
No comments:
Post a Comment